Cleaning Your Awning
- Brush off surface dirt.
- Hose down the fabric.
- Prepare soap mixture in a clean bucket.
- Dunk a clean, soft bristle brush into the mixture.
- Use sweeping motions to clean the awning.
- Allow soap to soak in and capture dirt.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all residues.
Note: Fabrics must be air dried only.
Pressing, steaming or machine drying will shrink awning fabric.
- Fruit stains: liquid detergent/ ammonia 3-6% water (per gallon)
- Grease (automotive): volatile solvent (acetone)
- Iron rust: oxalic or citric acids, water
- Mildew: 1/2 C bleach + 1/4 C natural soap per gallon of water
- Oil: liquid detergent, water
- Paint (latex), wet: paint/ oil/ grease remover
- Paint (latex), dry: paint/ oil/ grease remover
- Tree sap: turpentine, liquid detergent
100% Acrylic Fabric Care Guidelines
- Use only mild soap (no harsh chemicals or detergent)
- Use only cold to lukewarm water (not hot water)
- Air dry only (to prevent shrinkage and damage)